torsdag 28. september 2017

Batch of 5

Yes, I've been at it again, compiling. Five new comps up for scrutiny. In fact I spend most of my time these days immersed in library music of high sound quality in order to discover and pick out good tunes for comps. It's rather nice. I get to hear a lot of music I wouldn't otherwise bother with, and have made many major personal discoveries. And on the way, I learn to love and like some music I would have shunned in my days as indiepopper and underground rocker. Some big band jazz, some strange electronica, some easy listening orchestral music… But I'm always on the lookout for the catchy tunes and memorable melodies, so my basic background in pop music will probably always shine through in the selections I do for these comps. Which is a good thing, I suppose.  

Some comments:
Vol 1: Ah, I finally finished that one. It took time to get everything right. It belongs together with "Vol 100 – Crime Pace". I have planned a third crime funk comp, but I'm missing some tunes to get it right. It will probably appear later.

Vol 5: This consists of testcard music mostly from CDs, not vinyl. I'm old enough to remember the days when they played that kind of music on daytime telly, before the evening's broadcasts began. I have memories of my mother (RIP) cleaning the house to this kind of music with the telly on.

Vol 65: I have always loved happy and jolly tunes, and this is a collection of some I found on different albums. It's also a celebration of 70's kitsch. The danger with that type of tunes is that they can so easily sound forced, contrived and embarrassing. I hope I have kept to the worthy stuff.

Vol 93: It seemed appropriate to collect some introvert sadness tunes at the same time as I collected the happy ones, so this one belongs together with vol 65, somehow.

Vol 198: This is 60's soulbeat combined with big and small band jazz. I can't find much instrumental music of this kind. It's usually played with vocals, and vocals is taboo in the sound library series (except for some special scat/wordless comps, see vol 152 and 153 below.)

Check the comments.

























1 kommentar: